Waiting for Summer

Waiting for Summer

Saturday 9 August 2014

Behind the Image - Research in Photography by Anna Fox and Natasha Caruana

Well, I think I can honestly say that this is the single most useful book I have read since starting my degree course with OCA!  The book takes you through all the stages of preparing for a piece of work and compiling it at the end:
  • Planning
  • Developing ideas through research
  • Practice as research
  • Compiling your research
  • Research and practice
  • The impact of research.
And best of all, on page 101, there is a project self-evaluation form that I can adapt for use with assignment submissions.

From now on, I'll use this book as a handbook for preparing my assignments.

References:
  • Fox, A. and Caruana, N. (2012) Behind the image, Research in photography. Lausanne: AVA Publishing SA

No comments:

Post a Comment